Submit responses to medical documentation requests electronically.
Medicare Auditors can now accept electronic documentation using the Electronic Submission of Medical Documentation
System (esMD) from CMS. Healthcare providers will still receive paper medical documentation requests in the mail,
but now have the option to reply with electronic documentation submission.
The benefits of submitting additional documentation via esMD include:
• Reduced HIPAA risk
• Decreased postage costs
• Faster turnaround time than paper submission
• Less time spent assembling mailings
• Eliminated printing documents or burning CD/DVD records
As a CMS certified Health Information Handler (HIH), Rycan offers esMD (Electronic Submission of Medical Documentation)
functionality that allows healthcare organizations to submit responses to medical documentation requests electronically, lowering workloads and costs.
• Rycan does not charge a per-page fee or per-transaction cost
• Customers can submit an unlimited amount of data for a flat monthly rate
• Submit documentation that has been attached to an audit within the software
• Works seamlessly within Rycan’s Denial Management Software
When the esMD process is successful, Rycan exposes the Transaction ID to the healthcare provider via the Workflow History.
This Transaction ID serves as confirmation that esMD received the document(s). Rycan also offers a status page so the
healthcare provider may review all pending, submitted, and confirmed documents.
If Rycan submits files and does not receive an acknowledgement from the contractor within the allotted amount of time, the
accounts are flagged for review within a Workflow Queue.